Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm back?

I was cleaning out my bookmarks and realized that I really do miss writing this stuff. I want to start a new story, but first I wanted to check if there is still interest. I need some help from you all, too. If I do start writing again, who would you like to see as the focus? (It will probably be a Penguins player, simply because I'm most familiar with that team and city.) Would you guys want to read another Sid story? I am also toying with the idea of rewriting Such Great Heights--some of the sections and story lines are messy. I know I didn't end this story in a very good way--I was really busy with school and couldn't commit to updating regularly. I decided to write a quick ending rather than leave you all hanging.

If I do decide to start another story with other main characters, I might recycle some plot points. What do you all think of that? Would you prefer to see a new and improved version of Such Great Heights, or a completely different story with a new main character (basically I'm asking if y'all are sick of Karine yet)?

I would really appreciate any feedback! You can email me at summer.obrien89@yahoo.com, or leave a comment on this post. I'll be checking back regularly to see what you all have to say.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything with Sid and I will be a happy camper!!

olivia said...

Completely agree with above comment! Read this story recently was actually thinking at the time that 1) I wish there'd been a more chapters/ a more detailed ending, and 2) I'd love to read more of your work :) Anything with Crosby I would be more than happy with, I'm sure.

Cathy said...

Would love anything about Sid!!

goaltolive said...

I want to join the party...SID..YES!!
Loved your story and anxiously await a new one.

Unknown said...

Please write more! Add me to the "Sid" vote, I'd love to see more about him. Welcome back!

gilld22 said...

I would love to read some more. As for a character, I have no preference.

Looking forward to reading your new story!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to read something about Kris Letang, he's one of my favorite players:)

Angela said...

Not sick of Karine yet. I would love to read something about another player, Tanger or Jordan or Max perhaps? Just suggestions.

liv said...

i agree with cathy and olivia.... definately more sid. but can u maybe use vero as marc andres girlfriend

Anonymous said...

Would definately like to see more! :D

Anonymous said...

Yayyy! im so happy that youre back, you're an amazing writer and i love reading your stuff! I think you should write about sid too, maybe a new storyy? Can't wait!!

jimie said...

This story was like the first fanfic i ever read.....glad your back....def write something about Sid...maybe Not a love story?? I have never read a hockey fanfic that wasn't anlove story...maybe some hurt/comfort?? Anything about sid though

Anonymous said...

Please start a new story! I don't care whether you use the same characters or new ones. You're a great writer, I just miss reading your stuff. What about a sequel to Such Great Heights?

Anonymous said...

omg i LOVED such great heights so anything you write will probably be fantastic...but i would really like a story about max or jordan instead of sid...WAY to much sid stuff out there - they all seem like the same story

Anonymous said...

With Sid! Aslong as you're writing it, I'm sure we'll all love it ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss, really miss your writing!!!

Dipsikcrs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I just finished reading Such Great Heights. I came across this fanfic the other day and started thinking about how familiar it looked. As i started reading i realized that i had read this back when you first started writing it and i was 14 and completely in love with Sid and the pens (still am haha). I was much happier back in those days and when i reread your story this week that happy feeling i used to have came back. That probably sounds stupid but i really enjoyed this! Brings back memories as random as it sounds. Wish you would maybe start up a new story one of these days!